View Single Post
Old 2013-03-02, 22:43   Link #49
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Hmm, kind of a low-key episode, but it was a big information dump. Like the rest of you, I'm really not sure what to make of Kiroumaru at this point. I feel like how he was being mistreated and put in chains before Saki and Satoru arrived might hint that all those grins/smirks/weird-ass queer-rat facial expressions might indeed be hinting at something sinister brewing in his mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I don't want Kiroumaru to betray them because frankly I like him but if the characters learn something from Kiromaru's betrayal then perhaps you are right the narrative would be stronger for it.
I like his character too, but in my eyes, IF he betrayed them, they pretty much deserved it. Of course, not Saki and Satoru who treat him kindly, but the other humans sure do.

Also, we can say for certain now that the 'fiend' isn't actually one, but merely recognizes the humans as 'animals' akin to the way people do to the rats. Can someone clarify to me at the beginning of the episode, didn't Inui say that he got the fiend to stop attacking by saying that he was being hurt in the rats' language? That's how I interpreted that part and if that did stop the attack we pretty much have our confirmation there. I'm guessing the child won't actually end up killed and now something else will come of this search for the weapon. It may end up in the hands of Yakomaru like some of you are speculating, which would be a worst case scenario for the humans.