View Single Post
Old 2007-09-24, 10:45   Link #29
Anime Hate Machine

Animation Quality: 8 Very stylized, but seldom lazy. Great backgrounds, good movement. I think they should have saved double the budget for the final dance number, but otherwise there were only a few times that I noticed missed opportunities.

Voice Actors: 10 The voice talent makes this show. Sebastian and Aya in particular. Again, very stylized.

Script: 4 Spent far too much time on panel 4, when panel 3 was the punchline. We don't need to see Kagami explain that she's annoyed when it's for an obvious reason. Not more than once, that's for damn sure. I felt that this detracted greatly from the show's pacing, which is so terribly important for a comedy. Too many jokes fell flat.

I didn't actually mind the Haruhi or FMP Fumoffu references. KyoAni gets to use them for free, and they weren't any worse than half of Hayate no Gotoku's (largely pointless) references, which are doubly annoying thanks to being beeped out.

Editing: 7 In this area, quality work is work you never notice. The main show itself was well edited. But many things could have been better -- eyecatches, for example. Where were my Konata cosplay eyecatches?

Emotional Involvement: 7 As one of the most vocally hated anime of the season, it's clearly gotten its hooks into a huge number of people. (There are lots of folks who love it, too.) Could have easily gotten a 10 here if the characters showed the tiniest bit of development.

Overall Rating: 7
Anime Hate Machine is offline   Reply With Quote