Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-07, 21:45   Link #890
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They haven't had any of them serving drinks or washing clothes, which seemed to be something else either Yuki or Analyzer did. But than I think Yuki was probably the one crewmember that had to most tasks done of all of them. About the only things she never did were strictly combat oriented on ship (and the live action version changed that with her as a fighter pilot/combat group, and her 2009 Resurrection appearance as a battleship captain (a decidedly combat role)). Though she lead a resistance unit into combat in Be Forever, Yamato.

Yuki could do pretty much anything on the ship. A jack of all trades, I suppose.

Now, in 2199, Yuki seems capable of self defense (something she was not known for previously, even if she was shown to be a crack shot), and seems to be a military career officer. That is...if she's not an alien.

I can't tell yet, but Niimi could easily be an inventor or at least the most knowledgable person when it comes to how the Wave Motion Engine and Gun work. She is clearly facsinated by the Gamilas technology, and is certainly more personable than Sanada.

Yuria is young and impressionable. She does run the ship's nightly radio broadcast (which they say they will incorperate into the show itself). Not quite enough on her yet to know what to make of her. She is suppose to be the one that can see the supernatural, so I imagine if they need to have the ship contacted mysteriously by Starsha or perhaps the youngest sister (if she is not Yuki Mori), it will be Yuria that does it.

Yamamoto kicks ass. I like her. If things go as they usually go, I know what will happen to her eventually. But if that happens, she'll go with honor and a salute.

Makoto. Well someone had to fill in the fanservice role I guess, since Analyzer's not the horny robot anymore with only Yuki to pick on. She does seem to fill in the empathy factor Yuki use to fill in righting other crew member's emotions when they get tilted by events. She did that with Kato after he had that arguement with the locker. Setting him back to normal rather than continue to be upset with Yamamoto.

I am usually more concerned about the techology and history that the character interactions.