View Single Post
Old 2009-05-22, 12:47   Link #68
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

That episode is exactly what I look for in this series, this episode alone made it worth all the specific not so stellar episodes before it. The focus of the episode was to attract new members to their club, and there wasn't an overabundance of comedy/slice-of-life antics in between to the point where the musical purpose was overshadowed. It really makes me believe that... regardless of how they actually act, each individual member really does care about the club. Not only that, but they treated us with another mini performance that I was not expecting at all. We got one only two episodes ago, so I though Kyoani was going to alter the Freshman welcoming scenario in the manga into something else. Not only did they prove me wrong, but the actual song was a lot more enjoyable than Fuwa Fuwa Time (in my opinion). I thought I was going to get trolled out of Yui singing again, but they made it even better with a duo. I actually don't know who I prefer to be the lead vocalist, I love both Mio and Yui's voice equally.

Apart from that though, they also managed to mix in one of my new favorite aspects of this show, Yui and Ui's relationship. Urgh, I can't get enough of the sisterly love, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and I enjoy watching every second of it (even better that Ui is in the same school as her precious onee-chan now~). The polish might run out soon, but I'll enjoy it while I can. Speaking of polish, there were maid costumes, but moe moe Mio wasn't abused to hell this time around, actually... it was the perfect amount of moe. My mind is blown.

And random thoughts:

* Mio really has a... unique naming sense when it comes to her songs. I want her to go toe to toe with Aurica from Ar Tonelico.

* I'm really loving how Ritsu treats the Freshman as insects. "I guess we just have to kidnap Ui-chan."

* The strange animal costume part and their little circus act was amusing too.

* Yeah Azusa is much more reserved than her manga counterpart, but I don't really mind all too much. Maybe she'll open up more once she spends more time with the group.

* Only 5 episodes left, Jesus time flies pretty fast. Now that the end is drawing near, I really wonder how they plan to end this series. I highly doubt it's going to be the Budokan performance, but they can surprise us and not plan a second season at all, since I was under the assumption that Asuza was going to be introduced in the second season. The manga isn't even close to ending though, so I wonder how they'll choose to pull this off.

* How many more performances do you think we're getting? Is it unrealistic to expect at least one more before the season ends? Possibly the super ultra beautiful end performance? I don't really remember them performing anymore after this point in the manga...

* It'd be nice if they altered the opening and ending to include Asuza, but considering how Kyoani treated Clannad...

* I'll keep up with both Haruhi and K-On!. I think the people who are dropping everything just to go crazy over Haruhi are overreacting a tad bit.

* Don't disappoint Kyoani, you've convinced me to absolutely love this series again.