View Single Post
Old 2009-06-08, 19:08   Link #84
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
I've always been interested in learning guitar and I might finally get the chance this summer... Can you guys please suggest some good beginner electric guitars for a complete noob such as myself? I'm just completely in the dark about anything to do with instruments in general and I don't even know where to start, lol.

I've been reading that those beginner kits that include amp are to be avoided? If I had to set a budget for guitar + amp + anything else, it would be somewhere around $300...

Also, are lessons worthwhile? I keep hearing people talking about how they learned to play on their own... Thanks in advance!
You could just get an acoustic, then you don't need to waste money on the amps. Plus, acoustic sounds better (IMO). If you aren't taking classical guitar (which I'm assuming you're not), you can probably teach yourself to play. Just don't learn the basics wrong, and you're fine.

[EDIT] Does anyone have a recommendation for a good synthesizer? I've been meaning to get one..and attempting to save money. The acoustic piano just doesn't do other kinds of sounds (lol).

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote