View Single Post
Old 2010-09-01, 21:01   Link #62
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
Once again you give all this info and in fact it is all normal stuff. You acting like it is all a censor when it isn't. Okay I have actually seen the manga workers or worker for Viz and you know I think Viz anime and Viz Manga are kept separate, because whenever the anime they would give whole discussions about stuff but the person doing the manga gives this short description of doing touch ups. It is weid when you put the manga in it, but I don't read many manga (besides scans) so I have learn the most about
Being normal and being right isn't the same thing. It's just normal that VIZ alters and changes. If they are censoring anything it's not appropriate. It doesn't matter how often they are doing it, or just doing it occasionally.

It's ridiculous that the anime for Naruto and the manga for Naruto are saying two different things when they are owned by the same company. Why is it that the anime version is done to be more accurate than the manga? There is no valid excuse for it.

Changing Drunken Fist to "Potion Punch" is censorship. VIZ decided that having Lee being accidentally drunk wasn't appropriate and they changed it to something utterly childish. The same way 4Kids used to remove tattoos and saki always became "grape juice".

I would like to purchase the One Piece manga, but I'm not going to pay VIZ for their alterations and censorship. They also butchered Detective Conan. They switched the entire cast from Japanese to European. It's so bad that at times they have had to rewrite scenes to fit their changes.

VIZ says they don't want people to use scanlations, but refuse to offer an alternative that matches the accuracy in quality to scanlations.