View Single Post
Old 2006-01-23, 16:06   Link #551
Maku

Question

I am looking for an old anime film I saw as a child - the problem is I do not remember the title of the film. I think the name was Flower Girl and was made I think in the 1980's, maybe 1970's.

Problem is I am not sure if thats the right name for it because when I look for it online on old anime series/film it doesn't seem to have existed. I can tell you what I barely remember after 15 years which might not be too helpful - sorry if it isn't.

It is located in the alps (sort of like Heidi) and the main character is a blonde hair girl (some age between 14-16) who likes to dance in flower fields (thus the posible title of flower girl). I think the introduction is the girl getting off at a station to visit her grandfather (the train station appears a few times). She has a dog (with hair over his eyes) and cat who both can talk to her.

A friend reminds me of the baddies of the film. A thin tall woman and a short fat man with an umbrealla, he opens the umbrella vertically hiding behind it and when he closes it he has different clothes on. I do not remember what else they did.
The only other thing I remember is the ending. She has a crush on some boy in the village who turns out to be a prince. The talking cat and dog are actually angels in disguise and whisk her away to marry the prince (either a church in the village or in heaven. She gets cold feet and runs away. I remember that none of the film made much sence and might have been a film from an old TV series.

If this rings a bell with anyone know knows the title please tell me, I'd like to find and watch it again. Many thanks.

Last edited by Maku; 2006-01-23 at 16:23.
Maku is offline   Reply With Quote