View Single Post
Old 2013-05-06, 11:01   Link #28
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The problem I see is that stuff should orbit around the black hole and not around its plasma jet. I see no physical reason as to why it should work that way.

As this colony is constructed it seems that the gravitational force of the black hole is somehow equally diluted along this plasma jet thus making everything orbiting around it while at the same time not being pulled by the black hole itself. But how is that logical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Based on the explanation given, I'll say the thrust reverser and the electromagnetic shield are meant to bounce and filter everything off the "front" of the ship as it moves in that direction, to prevent any damage to the housing units further down the structure.
Or perhaps it's meant to reverse the thrust of the plasma jet itself. thus creating two thrusts in the same directions so that the colony can move. But why does this colony need to move?

After further thoughts I think it is more likely that they didn't create the black hole, they created the colony around a black hole that already existed. I can speculate that this whole thing is meant to provide a solution to the question of "how can a space colony exist without a sun to rely on". This is probably due to the fact that the Hideauze are taking every single sun available.

The answer they found seems to be "they exploit a black hole with an accretion disk". The plasma beams that they generate are in fact an enormous source of energy.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2013-05-06 at 11:19.