View Single Post
Old 2007-06-04, 10:44   Link #22
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
In sola's case, one of the main themes is that of loneliness. Given what we have been exposed to so far, it would seem that the characters are going to overcome their issues of loneliness, which points to happy ending (but hold the champagne there, boys and girls).

In the very beginning, I expected a tragic ending, but as I started to watch more and more episodes, I realised that the chances of heading to a happy ending were actually steadily increasing. This does not totally dismiss the prospects of a sobfest ending though. Either one would fit at this point.

As for another theme in sola for people to chew on and think about, it is the theme of forgiveness. I leave it to you to ponder on how this theme applies to each character individually.

Cheers.
I kinda agree about the ending ... i expected a tearjerker from the day one, and still expect it now ... but the possibility of a happy end has steadily grown imo. At least thats my gut-feeling ... besides, Matsuri needs at least something good to happen for her ... else i will chew on some one's head.

Another interesting question would be - do we expect all the characters to make it trough ? ... somehow i can see Aono not making it (but that might be my hate for her talking, so who knows ). Her character just seems set up for a tragedy one way or another. The whole situation with her obsessiveness over Yorito needs a closure, and i just can't picture her letting go of her feelings.

Though one can never know what can happen in some spontaneous decision. I can imagine her sacrificing herself for Yorito's sake one way or another. (She doesn't want to live in a world without Yorito, so if Yorito were to die/be in mortal danger by some twist of fate...)

Gah. The hamster in my brain comes to a halt whenever i try to form some theories about this show. Thats a good thing i suppose - everything can go either way, and it certainly isn't predictable. Not even the roles all the characters are going to play in the end. Though assuming that Aono sees teh light in the end (and i don't mean her turning in to a pile of rubble), i can easily see Koyori having something to do with it. Then again i could be way out in the left field again.