View Single Post
Old 2012-04-07, 13:08   Link #259
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
tomtkp is teh-ping?
well in alicization it show us more what asuna is doing? or it's about kirito and his two new friends?
damn when this arc come to a end i want to see yujio and alice in alfheim kkkkk
since i think that the next arc will be about the nordic gods since in the extra on volume 8 it makes a hint about it on the excaliber history...
Either way. Alicization has two sides of story: real world side and virtual world (UW) side. The two sides of story each develop parallel to each other and then inevitably the two lines of the story will cross together. That's one of the reasons why I liked Alicization very much. The crossing of both real world and virtual world. The clashes between virtual world citizens and real world citizens and also among virtual world citizens themselves.

Quoting one sentence from To Aru Majutsu No Index:
"When both real and virtual worlds meet, a story has begun."

Will we get a SAO5 (next arc after Alicization arc) post Alicization? Well, probably yes, probably no. There are many people out there who wanted SAO5 not just because they want more continuation of SAO, if Kawahara-sensei decides to write SAO5, this arc will be the first arc without the web version as I have said in previous post that Alicization is the last arc of web version. As for me, I am more inclined towards not having a SAO5 in the future. It's not like I don't want SAO5 but I feel that Alicization has already striked the core theme of SAO series. I personally cannot think of any good continuation to Alicization. Kawahara-sensei may write one or two volumes to close up the story (clearing the 100-storey new Aincrad, future Kirito and Asuna etc) or write some side stories but.....I really hope that I am wrong given that Kawahara-sensei is an author with great imagination but if he really thinks he should end SAO after Alicization, I'll support him fully. On the opposite end, if Kawahara-sensei has what it takes to write SAO5, I'll also give my support as well. What I want is a reasonable end to SAO series.