View Single Post
Old 2013-07-26, 06:14   Link #1219
sasahar17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
I've got idea's, but I don't wanna put it up in public, everybody here has interesting stories though, I wish I could write like you guys.
Hey now! Don't get disheartened. We all started somewhere. Trust me, I used to suck big time. But then I published Gundam Seed: Sea of Stars, which sucked so bad I feel the distinct urge to go back in time and punch myself for even coming up with it and just kept going.

I'm still nowhere near the level of some of the people I follow on Spacebattles (Earthscorpion, Aratech, Immatrael, etc...) or even the people here (Looking at you AMT), but as long as I keep this in mind, I know I'll reach that point one day.

The harest parts are getting started in the first place. After that, it's all about making mistakes, learning to take criticism, learning from it and then applying it to your own work. Reading alot of other material is also essential. Sounds like it's a bit of work, and it is, but you only get out what yyou put in. Once you got that nailed down, I guarentee you'll be better than a vast majority of other fanfiction writers on the net.

If it bothers you that much, release it here like wavehawk's been doing. If you're a bit more confident, you can just take the plunge by publishing elsewhere like ff.net where you can access a wider audience, and hopefully attract someone who will help you critique your weaker points. It's your choice.

I hope this helps!

EDIT: Shit, missed this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrulnin View Post
PaulXion fic is out Chap 76

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7112821/76/
Nastassja snippet delayed. Excuse me for a bit. This Sasahara needs to read every so often too.

Last edited by sasahar17; 2013-07-26 at 06:25. Reason: Added some more encouragement.
sasahar17 is offline   Reply With Quote