Thread: Licensed Gakuen Heaven
View Single Post
Old 2006-04-02, 17:52   Link #32
Gankutsuou

You're not the only one. I know of a few who laughed out loud while watching it. But i know of more people who are offended by this. They were basically looking forward to this series. They were surprised there was already a subbed for this after less than 24 hours it aired on Japanese TV and downloaded it right away. Came back home just to see a video with messed up subtitles and scenes from AKIRA the movie. Not to mention the insultings comments throughout the opening theme and the wrong subs. Not only were many fans were disappointed and outraged over this, but they are disappointed that a long awaited series like Gakuen Heaven was butchered into a lame homophobic joke by a group of homophobes. Yes, to me, it is homophobic.

As a straight female and a fan of shounen ai, i find it very very offensive even though they claimed that it was supposed to be a parody and meant no harm as a whole. And yeah of course i know there are stuff out there that are more offensive than this. Gay people get murdered out there for being gay itself. And these little things are happening everywhere. Add to these parodies, which consist of insults, hate and degrading jokes about shouen ai, this world definitely seem less safe for gay people.

And having a gay member does not mean anything. Hell, even Bush has gay supporters.