View Single Post
Old 2009-09-10, 04:04   Link #81
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
As I've heard Welkin was main protagonist in game. As lots of people pointed - anime is not the game, lots of things are different. One of differences is main protagonist. In anime there is only one thing that may support theory that Welkin is main protagonist - he was introduced before Faldio. Welkin is a emo boy, indecisive, Faldio is an adult, able to make hard choices. Welkin motivation for fight is: "I'd like to end that war as soon as possible", Faldio just want to protect his country. When Welkin has problems with his subordinates, Faldio must come and fix Welkins mistakes. Durign battles Welkin is a man who create a "strategy", but Faldio is a man, who leads people to fight. Faldio, excluding first few episodes, has more screen time. Love triangle is in fact about Faldio unrequited love to Alicia - Welkin untill last episode haven't done anything. Faldio is a man, who sacrificed his love and honor for his country. Welkin was unable to say a few words to protect his own sister.
How is he an 'emo' boy when he barely showed any emotion during the series?(Not that he had any screen time to LOL). To me, it looked like Faldio went emo when his squad got wiped clean off the map.