View Single Post
Old 2011-04-02, 09:54   Link #66
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jix View Post
@Blue-kun

dude i suggest you take a look at the art and animation of Mononoke and Trapeze both works by the same director of this anime called [C] youll be disappointed too -> http://myanimelist.net/people/7217/Nakamura_Kenji

P.S. its not Princess Mononoke btw its Mononoke
I watched all of Nakamura's other works and aside from Bakeneko and Mononoke, which arguably featured some very good action scenes with amazing animation, Trapeze wasn't exactly a show which people would remember for its top notch animation quality. It might have looked better to the eyes of many because it had some weird visual gimmicks along with a distinctive art style going on, and also the inclusion of live-action segments which, to me, felt completely out of place, but when simple animation was concerned it really wasn't anything remarkable.

That said, being disappointed might be okay, in particular since everyone seems to have created insane expectatives towards a show which we had little info on aside from the director, but I particularly cannot see exactly how this show features such awful animation, to the point where some people got to the point of comparing it to some of DEEN's worst efforts. It isn't amazing, nor is it something I'd call "above average", but it's definitely not something so horrible that it should be burning people's eyes on contact. Not to mention we're talking about a one minute long trailer, which may or may not be a very good indicative of the overall quality. So I guess I'll just wait until the actual show airs and save my thoughts for then.

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2011-04-05 at 12:56.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote