Thread: Naruto Q&A
View Single Post
Old 2011-05-06, 12:09   Link #2735
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, presumably he used speed to pass the Kawarimi and Bushin portion of the Genin Exam. And, I expect he used make-up for the Henge. Whatever the case, it is assumed that it was Gai's vouching for Lee which got him out of the Academy.
Yeah that makes sense; it would have to be Gai pushing for them to make an exception for Lee given his circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Trough this raises the questions on why didn't Naruto get the same free pass. The hokage should have known that because of the kyuubi Naruto can't do simple bushin jutsu.
As for this part of your question. Remember that Lee's circumstance can be easily explained to everyone else. For instance, if Lee is allowed to pass, one could say "Well, Lee can't perform those, so he has mastered Taijutsu etc."

But for Naruto, since the village was to keep quiet about the 9-tails, they can't say "Well, since Naruto has the 9-tails in him, he can't mold his chakra well so we'll let him pass anyway."

So in that sense, there was no way for them to give Naruto a "pass" without him discovering something or them revealing something.

edit:

Now for a question of my own: Is there a thread/can someone link me to a (if there is one) discussion on what people think Itachi instilled in Naruto with the crows? If Itachi can willingly give Sasuke so much power, I wonder what he gave Naruto, as I believe his parting message was "I hope you don't have to use this power" or something along the lines of that...which means he will probably have to use that power later at some point in "some" fight against Sasuke, probably to protect the village or something like that.

Last edited by miroku2192; 2011-05-06 at 12:27.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote