View Single Post
Old 2008-11-09, 14:52   Link #1002
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Sakura was indeed very well portrayed in this route. Even when clashing with Shirou and Rin, you could always feel that "something" tearing away at her, so you couldn't see her as "just" a cruel villainess. The last battle between her and Rin brought a new perspective to me about their relationship, just how kind Rin really is, and just how deeply Sakura respected (and envied) her. My Sakura moe-meter just completely exploded in this route. She's definitely my favorite out of all the Fate heroines. :wub:

Rin as I said earlier, tried her best to make herself into the cold, serious magus, but damn, when it came to dealing with her sister, she just loses. When Kotomine said to Shirou that if Rin killed Sakura, she would then
go mad, I agreed wholeheartedly. Rin cannot complain to Shirou about being a softie at all.

Ilya. Oh Ilya. She was just fantastic. You really get to see such a great bond with her and Shirou, it tugs at your heart that they wouldn't be able to live togther as siblings (moreso for me since I've been reading Fate/zero - Damnit! Why can't we have the happy family of Kiritsugu, Shirou, Ilya, and Iri! Bah.). She was as good of an advisor as Rin in the story, and quite a strong character that really makes me want an Ilya route as well.

And Shirou. As said before he was definitely badass. Such a fiercely loyal spirit I was more than glad him showcase here. Even with his brain slowly turning into pudding, he stood up magnificently and did what he had to do when it mattered the most. The Nine Bullet Revolver scene was really great, and you could feel the fear that Shirou was going through of not only failing Ilya, but losing his consciousness to Archer's arm. Real guts and determination was shown from then on, and I liked how, even with his mind fragmented, and with a fading consciousness, he soldiered forth doing what he could for those he loved, he really took things in stride. Hopefully with this route, we'll get less of the "he's a wimp" crap.

Also, I liked both ends, but I liked the True End better. While I can appreciate the Normal End, to me its medicine; logically, you take it because its necessary, but you don't really enjoy taking it. I just felt that after the overall bitter atmosphere, more sobering was a wee bit much. But I do like it for what it was, and Shirou was particularly heroic. Also, although Sakura did seem to be getting "stronger," to me it was more like she was just enduring, you know what I mean? Plus seeing her grow old and just endure, endure, endure, and endure some more was bit much for me.
For these reasons, I liked the True End more, and I believe it is just as valid as the Normal End, call me soft if you want.

Overall a great ending to a wondrous story. *applauds*
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote