View Single Post
Old 2012-11-19, 01:37   Link #74
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Have you considered putting these on sites like FictionPress or DeviantArt?
Yes, actually. What I'm releasing here is a rough draft of sorts. I'm going through the first volume and reworking it (expanding the sketchy bits (many chapters are simply more like sketches than fully fleshed out, reworking dialog (e.g. tweaking Glycerin's speech patterns), re-aligning chapters for length (merging some of them, etc), and so on).

I've looked at Smashwords and Lulu so far. I'll look at FictionPress and I hadn't thought about DeviantArt at all but will add it to the 'to do' list. So thanks for those suggestions.

On a side note, I was concerned about some explicit moments in my storyboard so I had some conversations with the mods on the matter. They're trusting me not to get "nasty" and keep it out of the smut zone. I concur with that -- I don't like 'extraneous sex scenes". It has to advance the plot, reveal something important about the characters -- and there can't be any other way to express that.

However, these characters are musicians/creatives after all, they're adults (even if they're kind of broken), so I don't want to be unrealistically chaste.

Heck, even engineering "death march" projects I've been on have gotten pretty ...o.O... interesting when people spend so much time together.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-11-19 at 03:34.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote