Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-20, 20:59   Link #24738
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
Probably the same reason why we haven't seen Barack Obama yet, the artist likes to feature "Right-Wing" politicians, and Yingluck doesn't really fit that distinction.
Tymoshenko was portrayed as a progressive, democratically-oriented politician in the little coverage she got here in America as I recall. Most Western nations saw her imprisonment as political repression by reactionary forces in Ukraine.

From what I understand of Thai politics Shinawatra was considered a stalking-horse for her brother, though as the years have gone by I've heard that less and less. But, yes, the Shinawatra family certainly leans leftward.

Given the manga artist's portrayals of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney (I think that's him in the video), I'm not sure exactly what the artist's ideology may be. If the absurdly strong Koizumi portrayed in the anime is his ideal political leader, I can understand why Bush did not get an especially positive depiction. I love the scene in the anime where he is sleeping with the shoe next to his head, as if he brought it home from Iraq as a memento.