View Single Post
Old 2013-07-21, 13:38   Link #9
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Since I want to keep this short, I'll just go by the stuff I find interesting.

Really Good

Genshiken Nidaime: Whilst it's sad that the new cast aren't as great as the old cast (as proof, my favorite moments are when Madarame takes the stage), it's still Genshiken and it's still pretty great. 'Nough said.

Teekyu 2: This show is funny and I will hear nothing to the contrary

Surprisingly Alright

Free: Mostly a generic sports show, but the directorial touches and and timing make it watchable for me

Gatchaman Crowds: I'd like this more if the main character wasn't so annoying.

Servant x Service: I enjoy the character banter fine, even if the jokes aren't the most creative.

Watamote: Same story as Free, except replace sports with "black comedy". It's sort of like a combination of Daria and Welcome to the NHK, but it's not nearly as funny or biting as either of them.

Disappointingly Bad

Monogatari: Too much talking between boring characters that never really goes anywhere and doesn't develop a thing in the least. Not enough plot happening. Also, the animation is surprisingly cheap given that Shinbo is now rolling in dough. Dropped it at Episode 3 since there's only so much "witty banter" I can take.

Silver Spoon: Bland direction and execution suck all the energy out of this show. Also, I'm not exactly thrilled about following a guy muck up over the stupidest of events for entire episodes.

Uchouten Kazoku: Same story as Monogatari. Okay it's a little better and I haven't dropped it yet, but there's no internal structure to support all the creativity and thus I have no reason to care about what's going on. It's like someone left a camera on and let the actors shoot the shit. Where's the story?

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote