View Single Post
Old 2012-01-02, 12:51   Link #26838
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
But at any rate, there's no need to look for some fancy disorder in Yasu's case. If we take the scene in the chapel at face value then that's clearly schizophrenia.

Even without that she fits the minimum required criteria

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

-delusions
-hallucinations
-social disfunction
-persistent for more than six months

Schizophrenia is always your best bet when someone shows loss of contact with reality. And the serious belief to be different persons inside one body is basically that, especially if someone then spends her days talking to her other selfs. If you think schizophrenia is too much for Yasu's case then there's this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychot...wise_specified

Which I guess that fits because Ryuukishi isn't really an expert on the field to make a disorder match with anything known. But the point here is that Yasu's disorder is generally reconductible to a form a psychosis.
Are we actually going to ascribe an incredibly complex plan that requires enormous amounts of careful execution to a schizophrenic? Seriously? People who hallucinate, hear voices, and have difficulty discerning fantasy from reality tend not to make very good timetable-bound criminals.

It's rather like being a blind bank robber. I suppose it's possible, but it certainly would be a whole lot easier for a person who can see. And when a bank is robbed in a swift and efficient manner, we would generally assume the person doing it could see.

I suppose it's possible real-Yasu was schizophrenic and Beatrice wasn't, but that just makes it increasingly unlikely she'd be the "real" criminal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
But that would sound quite dickish from Battler.

One thing is if he's implying: "you only killed people in fantasy, never in the real world". That's quite a valid argument.

Another thing is if he's saying that she only killed people in equally real (or unreal) worlds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
IIRC, there's a discussion between Beato and Ange near the beginning of the episode where she implies that she considers her one real sin to be hurting Ange with her stories. Could that be what she's talking about here?
What these guys are talking about. Why are we expected to forgive Beatrice if there's no R-Prime in which she was innocent? Her point - that she's committed countless crimes in other worlds - is completely valid if all worlds are equally viable.

It's the difference between Battler realizing that the only thing he cared about (who "really" did it) didn't involve Beatrice at all and forgiving her, and realizing that the only thing he cared about doesn't even exist, which still makes Beatrice a murderer and tormenter of his (fictional, but essentially equally valid) family.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote