View Single Post
Old 2012-08-20, 05:40   Link #46
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I don't know Yui anymore or rather its from the past episode but from this point on I completely forgot that she is the strict type of a commander. She is completely tame now > __ > and stupid brats without discipline and they are in front lines. I fear for the front lines.
Eh, Yui's 'uncompromising strictness' that she's exhibited towards Yuuya has by her own admission, a deliberate act to forcefully accelerate Yuuya's growth and adaptability towards being her image of an 'ideal Japanese test pilot.'

While they weren't untrue, her constant belittling of Yuuya's ability and complete disregard of Yuuya's opinion were clearly not reflective of her entirety.

And during the beach episode, we've seen that she realised that she had indeed went a little too far with the mock combat. So she's probably scaling back, and trying to normalise her position with Yuuya.

That's one point.

The 2nd point is the fact they're actually in the frontlines now. Unlike back at the testing grounds where there are no real risk so-to-speak, BETA-scourged grounds are clearly different.

While Yui may have no problems regarding fighting BETA, she clearly has deep-seated trauma issues about losing comrades/friends in battle, and that's clearly reflected with her entire talk with Yuuya, where aside from talking about technicalities of the weapons development, she clearly wanted to check on his state-of-mind and ensure that during the battle, he prioritizes his survival above everything else.

If she felt too 'dere' & 'tame', my impression was that it was supposed to feel that way, because she herself was unsure how's the best way to handle the situation, thus Yui's sense of extreme awkwardness throughout the entire talk, where it felt like she was choosing her words carefully.

And the suspension bridge effect from the island episode still lingers, obviously.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.