View Single Post
Old 2013-01-13, 21:10   Link #258
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Actually, RX-78-2 Gundam came first (1979) before Optimus (1984). So, it would be the opposite.

Anyway, it's nice that most people here don't generalize and accuse mechas in anime being rip-offs of Transformers .
Speaking of Gundam and Macross, Gundam also predates Macross by about three years. A lot of people get those confused as well. On a similar note...

Young characters who take to long to adapt to their situation or try to remain rigid in their beliefs when there's just no room for it. I understand that these characters don't want this situation and that they feel they've been forced into a bad place, but they know better. They're old enough to get over it, in most cases. In Macross I felt like the child character was perpetually stupid in some respects. Amuro was a very realistic character, but I felt like his whiny phase was poorly timed. Just as well, with his father being a military scientist and him studying his designs like he did I don't fully understand how he manages to remain so pacifistic. Especially when you consider where Amuro ends up down the road I don't really see where that phase came from.