View Single Post
Old 2004-10-04, 19:46   Link #3
Aniawn
A shoulder to lean on

Send a message via AIM to Aniawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarADV
Okay, here we go.

IN THE BEGINNING, there was Neon Genesis Evangelion. Lo, and we looked upon it, and saw that it was good. ;p (Your mileage may vary.)

Four episodes had additional footage added for the Director's Cut; we recently released them and 25-26 on two new discs. (This is "Genesis Reborn" and "Resurrection", respectively.)

After the series was over, and the ending was deemed as bizarre (which it is, though I like it), a new ending was planned as a movie. It took longer to animate than they thought, though, so they ended up releasing it in two parts: first as Death and Rebirth, then as End of Evangelion. They came out in the US at the same time, if I'm not mistaken, but from Manga and not us.

Now we're working on the Platinum release, with the remastered video and a new 5.1 mix (and we're also going back through and reworking the subs ;p).
Thanks AvatarADV, that helps to clear things up for me. I'll take it that if I want to truely enjoy Neon Genesis Evangelion in all its glory, I'll need the Platinum releases, plus Death & Rebirth and The End of Evangelion.
Aniawn is offline   Reply With Quote