Thread: Crunchyroll Nichijou
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-18, 22:07   Link #71
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I did a little test and ran this trailer the first time with the sound intact and it faired surprisingly well, coming off as whimsical. The second time I watched it without the trailer music and it came across as a show targeted towards very young mostly female children. The characters all pretty much look like stock moe archtypes (you've got the glasses girl, the hyper girl, the girl that makes a face like XD etc). Even though I know it's from totally separate and unrelated source material I can't help but be given the impression that Lucky Star and K-On were thrown into a blender and this this was the result. Could anyone have expected anything else? I'll let others be the judge of that.

Art style looks pretty unimpressive though. I don't know what other people judge to be top quality animation, but this has the look of something that was made on a tight budget by my standards.

One thing I will say though is that a girl with a key on her back is definitely a type of moe that I have never seen before. Wind-up girl moe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
The thing I like the most is that the visual style is nothing like K-On whatsoever.
You know, people said that the characters in K-On looked blobby to which I pretty much agree, but I'm going to actually say that the character design for this show makes the characters from K-On look proportional to regular humans by comparison. Every character I saw in that trailer has this weird combination of a stocky build and a head that resembles the shape of a potato chip. I kind of had to throw that out there.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote