View Single Post
Old 2012-02-23, 18:13   Link #4583
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I’ve been on this site like 8 years and I can count on my fingers the amount of times I’ve done a quote for quote argument…I mean it’s easy to just put a quote then just say the opposite of that quote, so I don’t like it, but I’ll make an exception because there’s so much to cover…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Bottom line is that it's not happening because it's a dumb idea that serves no purpose and isn't going to make the NFL better.
Then bottomline, let’s not say anything subjective on the internet because another subjective person won’t agree with the subjectiveness that’s not their own subjectiveness x_X…

Please just leave us in the Matrix and go to Zion…I know it will most likely never happen that’s why I said, “not likely, but interesting...” That’s what it was interesting drivel, not a reason for you to yell at the kids skateboarding in front of you’re home while you scoop up lawn dog$hit (Also know as the 49ners offense)…

Quote:
And I didn't say it wasn't. I was talking about your quote about how you've always hated the number two seed getting a bye. Hindsight is 20/20. I doubt you'd be saying this if the Saints got that bye this year.
Once again, never b**ched about it…Just made a throwaway comment on it in which a 24 year old man going on 104 took it at it’s highest level of combat potency because he thought I said it to di$$ his lucky as $hit team that completes passes to WRs once every equinox…

Quote:
Roger Goddell changes the rules for money purposes. And safety reasons. Having six games on wild card weekend and two the following week for the divisional isn't going to generate more revenue for the NFL. Smart and dumb fans alike haven't been bitching about this since, like, ever. Which is why it hasn't even been considered a possibility, by anyone. Just you for no good reason at all. More than likely it will just cause more lackluster play in the final weeks of the season than we already have now, which is enough. Instead people not giving a shit about week 17, they won't give a shit about weeks 16 and 17 when the bye is wrapped up for one team in each conference.
You remember a few years back when there was clamoring to reseed the playoffs because the NFC was such a $hitty conference? Now that the NFC is better than the AFC do you hear that anymore? These things run in cycles…And it would be no different in an expanded playoff scenario…There’s gonna be years when weeks 16-17 will STILL be meaningless REGARDLESS and visa versa, right now and in the future…You’re gonna have years when there’s gonna be a breakout team that can afford the rest and other years where 3 teams are battling it out for the #1 seed (Under the expansion scenario which I concede is just interesting to me)…You’ve only proved your glass half empty mentality…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari
Who cares what America wants?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari answering Samari
Roger Goddell (because he) changes the rules for money purposes….
America has money

Quote:
unlike most fans I actually study the history of the NFL (I even watch original broadcasted games, the ones I can get my hands on) and know the integrity the game had even just 10 to 15 years ago is different today.
This is where your faux throwback history of football fails you…You think that old school football was just 3 yards and a cloud of dust don’t you? Do you know how many incredible passing offenses existed as far back as the 40’s 50’s and certainly Air Coryell years of the 60’s…Even your own 49ners QB’d by Steve Spurrier had 1 nice passing season back in the day…It’s only the eastcoast bias of Lombardi’s Packers, New York Football giants, Eagles, etc. that puts that ignorant notion in peoples’ minds that nobody passed a lot, so when you see $hit offenses like the 49ners, you harkin’ this bull$hit condemnation, talking about that’s old school football…

Me and Dilla were talking about this not too long ago, $hit offense doesn’t = Great Defensive battle…Just because you have a low scoring game where Defense is being played doesn’t mean the other team was getting stopped as much as they just suck…It’s a fools gold argument…

I’m telling you, you have no clue who you’re talking too with “That History of the NFL” crap…Whatever you think you know from watching NFL films with old man Wilson, I’ know 10 times more…I usually don’t bring it out for anime forum E-pi$$ing but I don’t mind either…

I also have this awesome skill that allows me rub my belly and pat my head at the same time…Which is to say I can have some definite “Old School” football longings, but at the same time I understand and realize that the game has changed and appreciate certain aspects of that changing…Dome stadiums have been around since the 60’s, if anyone was throwing watermelon seeds into brass keyholes, they weren’t doing it as good as Drew Brees…

The integrity of the game is a fluid thing...The same kind of people b**tched when the Mel Blount rule got incorporated and the passing game flourished exponentially in the next 10 seasons when the passing records were re-written again and again…The same people b*tched when the NBA put in the Derek Harper rule that banned using the armbar…It’s just the evolution of the game (Inwhich things can be cited in every era ), and while I won’t champion all of it, I do have the ability to compartmentalize it…Can you believe at one time people got pi$$ed the NFL started to let QB’s PASS THE BALL (Alex Smith shutters)… You’re just expounding on your own selfish longing for your version of integrity…

Quote:
Funny statement coming from the guy who actually took the Pro Bowl seriously. GTFO with that garbage. Being alive for more years doesn't mean you actually have more knowledge about a certain subject. So you can throw the age angle out in your next response. Hell, if I didn't have my age listed by the avatar you'd be an arm and a leg short of the game you try and spit. Not like that game ever holds any water though anyways.
No one took the pro bowl seriously; we seriously love football so we watched the probowl, because it’s football Mr. Curmudgeon, and me and my friends who love football watched it…And all the people talking pure head about the probowl are people who turned it off or was never watching it…

I invented being anti bro…I admire it, but be anti with a purpose…Brandon Marshall’s catches in that game were must see TV, and if it wasn’t for Cam Newton selling out the entire Hawaii Stadium in the 2nd half, that was on pace to be one of the more entertaining probowl games, but ofcourse you don’t know that because you’re 24 and “old School”

And I remember Tracy Porter doing…
Spoiler for THIS...:

Saw that van, today at lunch, no $hit ;p...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2012-02-23 at 22:01. Reason: Who knew only logged in gmail users can see active gmail image-links? Meh...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote