View Single Post
Old 2008-02-18, 00:34   Link #72
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

@ Var:

Quote:
Its been way more than 15%, but I'll give you that it was less than the others, fitting with what her last line this episode was. Her role has been building up slowly over the last couple episodes, so while it may seem sudden to some, to others it was coming like a brick to their face.
See, you say 'her role' vs 'her character' or 'her place in the story'. I still don't think she fits.

Quote:
Its funny that your opinion of her is the opposite of mine. I'd say she's too kind (to Nobuse and everyone else around Shin) and too giving (to Nobuse and Shin). And it's been talked about before why she 'agreed' to go out with Nobuse, so I can't hold that against her either. And Nobuse needed a wake up call, he's too obsessive over Ai and her facial expressions really don't shout "I'M HAPPY!", she looks more depressed tbh.
Wait, so instead of simply leading Nobuse on she's suddenly doing this out of kindness, and to give the guy a wake up call? I can't see how he's been obsessive at all, he honestly loves the girl, things like taking her shopping or having a sweater knitted for him are per usual for going out in this situation, aren't they? I didn't exactly see him plaster photos of her all over his room or erect some awful shrine in his closet with strands of her fallen hair.

It's fair to say that he's caught on now, and doing his best to 'fix the situation', but before that he wasn't really given much of a sign that she was all against continuing the relationship. We can say she did, but we're sitting on the other side of the fourth wall, so that's a bit unfair, now isn't it?

@ Daniel:

Quote:
True Tears has been consistently good but I can't shake this feeling of dread - to put it simply, a Hiromi ending would ruin the show for me. Noe to me looks like the more compelling character and Shin's confession was a refreshing (and more realistic) view at romance.

Hiromi to me is the more conventional stock character who is dime a dozen. Live action Asian dramas are filled with Hiromi's, and I really don't nead another one.
Agreed.

Though I also feel like she's going to snap and butcher someone in the end for some reason.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!