View Single Post
Old 2012-10-04, 11:05   Link #968
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Putting it as nicely as I can... You and I could live a thousand lifetimes, and NEVER come to an agreement on this. It just isn't possible. You want bigger Government. I want smaller Government. We will always be on the opposite sides of the fence. I despise Government as a whole, and deal with it as little as possible. I don't trust it, and see all too often how corrupt it is. And it pisses me off to no end, seeing how much of my taxes, goes to take care of people who should have no right to my labor.
My basic point is that trying to make the government smaller than it is right now would mean the collapse of the social welfare system. If you're willing to go through that, and have some kind of plan to minimize the fallout, I would support a "smaller" government. But given that I have yet to see any short of concrete plan that does not bring about an even bigger gap between the high and low class (the same thing "progressives" complain about all the time), I don't see the alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I still think that the shift to China as the economic center of the world is actually going to take place sooner now rather than later.
I'll just say I believe that to be a pipe dream with the US having to take care of a world that is in crisis following the inevitable PRC collapse.