View Single Post
Old 2011-05-27, 22:54   Link #7406
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Not to mention that if Kallen was an asset more than anything, he was betting big time by making an enemy out of her during Zero Requiem. She nearly kept the plan from the working.

Cluclu doesn't really make any more sense. C. C. and Lelouch were accomplices.

Neither do any of the pairings really.
Shirley comes the closest.
Outside of fanfiction (of which there are 2 Kalulu ones I find awesome, Bonzo's manga adaptation, and Wing Zero Alpha's Meddigo) Shirlulu is probably the only one that actually makes any sense.
As you know, I don't like the R2 guidebook because it says Kallen couldn't capture (understand is the meaning here) Lelouch's heart or mind. I don't buy that.
I think Lelouch did care for her as a friend and trusted ally.

This scene is a favorite of Kalulu's so I'll use it as an example of the R2 guidebook being wrong:

CC, I'm totally confused about because of Lelouch declaring he'd fulfill her true wish, which according to ep 15 of R2 is to be truly loved by someone (due to her Geass being one that forced others to love her).

Pretty possesive for someone who's just his accomplice.

That contradicts the idea of her only being his accomplice, and thus the Guidebook and the anime are at odds with each other about both Kallen and CC.

Also, to be completely clear on this azul120 let me say that I don't think it would be impossible for a Kallen x Lelouch pairing if Zero Requiem hadn't happened, and he had lived.
Also, more story would need to be used to develop a relationship between them (as Bonzo and WZA have done).
Same thing with C2.
The potential exists, but there wasn't enough story to support either of them (which is ironic when you think about it).
And as you well know, the Zero Requiem arc killed all pairings by turning Lelouch into a monster and ultimately him at the end.

And that's my point, the Kalulus are grasping at straws by trying to prove something that isn't provable anymore than CC x Lelouch, Shirley x Lelouch, or hell Rolo x Lelouch for that matter, because there wasn't enough romance developed between Kallen and Lelouch in the series prior to his spiral into insanity that was Zero Requiem.
Same goes for CC, though they do share a tender moment in ep 23 of R2.

Only Shirley and Lelouch really had a thing started, but she died before it was finished.

That said I'll clarify why I don't like the Kallen x Lelouch pairing.
The Kallen pairing is a pairing between her and the Zero Requiem Emperor Lelouch.
He's a complete jerk at that point, and I guess I just like Kallen too much to see her throw her life away on what Lelouch became during Zero Requiem.
If the Kallen x Lelouch fans don't like that then I don't care, because she's too cool a character to throw away on someone as flawed as Lulu.
I'm glad Okouchi had enough sense to make Lelouch reject her.
As I said before, she deserved much better IMO.

Quote:
Again, I was regarding to her reactions towards Lelouch as Zero before she knew it was him. It would make sense for her to wonder whether he was dead all along, and to try figuring out if it's him or not, but not to constantly act all huffy around him.
You mean when she thought Zero was Suzaku?
If that's what you mean, then it was supposed to reflect her contempt for Suzaku trying to act like Lelouch had while he was Zero.
If I failed to relay that then that's my fault and I accept full responsibility for the failure.