View Single Post
Old 2009-07-15, 16:43   Link #208
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Ah, right, sorry.
No problem. I spend a lot of time thinking about time travel and enjoy sharing my thoughts on the subject. Your post allowed me to clear things up for others who might have taken issue with what I said but not posted for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
And what have happened to the eternal looping theory? That the universe is exploding, expanding, contracting and them exploding/expanding/contrcting over and over again? It could be the first time (so, no past past then) but it could not. Besides, who said the the Big Bang (if it exist) is the begining of everything?
1. Current evidence suggests that the expansion of the universe is accelerating due to dark energy, which would result in a Big Rip rather than a Big Crunch.
2. The cycling of universes you describe is close enough to the third possibility that it falls into the same category, with the same solution.

Quote:
No, it is not. It can't be provem, right. But it is enogh to be a possibility. So any other option is also a possibility, but never a certain (nothing is a certain, BTW).
Let me try to rephrase myself. The "everything was created 5 minutes ago, even the contradictory evidence" theory is not testable to a sufficient extent that results contradicting it could not be handwaved away. This means that no actionable knowledge can be drawn from considering the possibility. Thus, entertaining it is a waste of time and energy.

If you can think of an example of actionable knowledge that could be drawn from considering it, I'd be interested to hear it. Due to my own conclusions about this possibility I haven't spent as much time considering it as I have the others.

Quote:
Ah, so it is this what Yuki means on Bamboo's Leaf? Maybe it is not, but it fits well. Anyway, I aways thinks that "history backing up" kinda sily.
I dunno. It's been a while since I read BLR and I didn't watch the subs for it, either.