View Single Post
Old 2010-02-20, 09:24   Link #1138
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I'm fine with that. I just get a huge feeling that fans try to downplay their hatred with each other too much. Shizuo just wanted to kill him right off the bat, and from way in the beginning Izaya already had him ran over by the car. Even at the school entrance ceremony they already have eyes set on each other, I just felt annoyance is ok with just instinct, but unparalleled amount of murderous hatred with no reason what so ever is rather lame.

I mean their antagonism toward each other is a driving force behind the story, which if only solely base on a gut feeling then such plot feels too "plot-device'd". I treat this case different from just two random thug meeting on the side of the road and feeling like smashing each other cause their hairstyle rubs them the wrong way. Those usually end in scuffles or accidental killing, but these two just meet randomly and decide to kill/frame/screw other with all their willpower and strength.
Shizou identified that something reeked and once he found Izaya he knew it was him.

Celty also felt Izaya was a bit creepy too. But it's just she doesn't react with murderous hatred because she isn't violence in a body.

I'm pretty sure the hint is that it's to do with the supernatural rather than just 'instinct' and that it will be explained later on.

Anyway i thought this episode was great. Even though Shizou's reason for hating Izaya right off the bat was strange, I still manged to sympathise with him and hate Izaya a little myself. So that was well done imo.

Other great stuff like Darher Than Black, Bacanno!!, Cencoroll, chibi Shizou, teen Izaya vs Shizou, ShizouxCelty and Shizou weilding a road sign that says '!'.

Last edited by Haak; 2010-02-20 at 10:46.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote