View Single Post
Old 2011-03-24, 10:07   Link #1236
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Oh, I was saying the only reason the Virus makes them super strong as well as dependant on killing was so they could fight Section Six. Which is true, in much the same way Doomsday is super-strong so he could fight Superman on equal fighting.

The other guys were just complaining that it doesn't really have any down-sides for them, which I kind of agree with. It's not like they're going to get withdrawals in the middle of a fight.
Turning into a pile of goo if you don't kill is a pretty big downside.

And the virus isn't the only thing they have going for them. Section 6 has the means to hurt them and potentially beat them. The strike cannons were shown to work on them, Heimdall would have worked on them too. And yet, the Huckebein are still able to put up a fight and score some wins. Beyond their powers they do have their own set of combat skills.

Compare to Accelerator from Index. All he had going for him was his super power, but once Thoma negated it, Accelerator was a super weakling.

I suppose the Doomsday comparison is apt, in that Superman was so ridiculously broken himself that they needed to make Doomsday since no one else could beat him. Same kinda thing going on in Nanoha, where the protagonists were insanely powerful and unbeatable by season 3.