View Single Post
Old 2008-12-25, 12:13   Link #32
Falkor

I guess that the original meaning of "filler" has been lost and now serves the purpose of indicating anything ranging from uninteresting/boring to something-I-did-not-like...

wasn't it used for almost every single episode where comedy took the spotlight, even if the intentions were simply to make you laugh? it worked wonderfully as a comedy; the transition to drama may have been harsh and rough on the edges, but the execution so far has been great and at least interesting--more or so in the character-development department. Not every show has to advance the plot or move into more serious drama in order to fulfil "the needs" of the audience.

As far as this episode goes, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the little boost in animation quality--if that's really a hint of what should be expected for the next episode. However, I'm still a little concerned about the story/plot: rather than seeing some form of resolution starting to develop, we were treated to more questions that don't seem to be related to Nagi's whereabouts.

* a lot of mysteries regarding Kannagi's shrine.
* Jin's visit to the shrine guardians and the information he gained as result. I wonder how this information will be play out in the end...
* Zange's signs of having no idea of why she was doing whatever she was doing--just like Nagi.
* still no clue of where Nagi might be.
* Jin's comment towards the end regarding the existence of... Nagi.

would all these little details fit into the next episode, I mean, can a satisfying conclusion be possibly reached taking into account all the questions that have been so far raised? I don't want to be disappointed, but I can't shake the feeling that some things are going to remain unresolved...

me raises hand at the Tsugumi X Jin's shipping comment, but seriously speaking, this is the last place I would be looking for shipping--it doesn't really fit with the mood/atmosphere of the show.