View Single Post
Old 2010-12-07, 20:00   Link #2057
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Any reason why you think that? Remember in the beginning of A's? Nanoha charged up a Divine Buster in seconds.

The beam misses of course because that short amount of time to charge up is enough for Vita to respond.
I just think Nanoha should be a little slowed down by such an attack. It's got to take effort to guard against a thousand energy bullets.

Quote:
Yup, bugs me too. Actually what REALLY bugged me was where Nanoha blocked BARDICHE with a shield but somehow a single random energy bullet from Fate shatters the shield completely. And on a whim too since Fate suddenly decided to do it when she noticed Nanoha's bullet from behind. Apparently all the effort trying to penetrate the shield before that was just tomfoolery.
Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it was probably my favorite scene in the final battle. STB and Phalanx are cool, but it's essentially just beamspam. Barrier breaking with a single hand energy bomb (or something like that?) and then dodging the projectile heading towards her while not even looking at it. That was cool.

Quote:
Exactly. It doesn't take long to break binds which is why it was ridiculous that Fate gave up breaking the remainder entirely.
I don't know. Just one of those things in order to advance the plot, I guess.
Quote:
That's why I prefer the way Fate was only hit because her attack was squashed by Nanoha's, leaving no time for Fate to properly escape (speed requires drawing magic away from protection, spelled out in the latest chapter but implied in the past).
Now that you bring it up. That's another thing I didn't like with S1. The strongest part of Fate's attack looked miniscule(and that's putting it lightly) in comparison to Nanoha's DB.

In terms of execution, the movie manga was definitely best. The movie really upped the cool factor because of the nice animation and aerial battles, though.

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-12-07 at 20:15.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote