View Single Post
Old 2008-03-20, 13:53   Link #84
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
(>_<)

How about Ilyana and Mia? If I remember correctly, Illyana ate Mia's shoes (tried to), after all...

As fearsome as ever, those things are...

How is the voice acting in Radiant Dawn? I still remember Mist's voice from Path of Radiance... My ears...!
Atrociously bad. Nobody sounds like they look they should, there's no emotion at all in the acting and everybody is slurring their words. If I didn't no better I'd say it was a Japanese VA's speaking English job like Capcom is famous for. By far the worst is Zelgius though who sounds like he's got some sort of speach disorder with his slurring and his voice fluctuates between gravelly and soft sounding every other sentence. Rolf, Mia and Yune are also pretty bad with the former sounding like a girl, Mia saying her lines in a manner that is horribly out of context given the scene and Yune being a loli, but sounding like a 16 year old girl with throat cancer. Mist is arguably even worse now. Your typical mid 90's older woman trying to sound like a cutesy teenager. The only people that sound decent are Ike and Shinon.

In short it's a total phone in job of the worst kind, like nobody really cares and are just cold reading their lines from a piece of paper.

If you are really brave here is a compilation of all the english cutscenes along with a couple of their Japanese counterparts:

English:

Part 1 Part 2

Japanese:

Intro

Ike Mercenaries Return

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2008-03-20 at 14:04.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote