View Single Post
Old 2008-07-05, 05:10   Link #115
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegatek2 View Post
Yo.

I had a thread talking about this game sometime back when the original series finished. It's buried somewhere on this forum, chronicling my attempt to convince the few translation companies (G-Collections, Peach Princess, etc.) to pick this one up. Long story short, nobody went for it, and for some very good reasons. For those of you looking for this game, here's the lowdown:

1) This game is VERY unlikely to be translated by a company and sold legitimately for three very good reasons--the game is huge, outside the budget of most companies that translate dating sim games; Age isn't a great team-player, and has decided that they do not need to license it out for translation; and the big reason you won't see it in the States lies in the content. I'm not going to repeat it here, just go look up the game on wikipedia and look up the possible endings. One of these endings is not like the others... and because of that, it will be difficult as all bejeezus for the one who licenses the english translation to even be able to sell it.

2) This game has a team working on it for a fansub project. Don't hold your breath; people have been working on it for literally years, with very little progress. Let's face it--this is a TOUGH game to translate, encode, etc. I tip my hat to the boys who are taking a shot, but to call it a daunting task would be an understatement.

3) Your best bet, if you want to play this game, is to get the japanese copy and either learn Japanese well enough to play it, or find one of the many game guides floating around for it.
Go back to your hole Omega, no one will listen to you! BTW, with a recent upsurge in attention to visual novels thanks in part to places like this, it's possible that others will follow suit. KimiNozo's chance is dwindling though, as it continues to age the chance of it getting an original release is probably not going to happen and we'd have to hope for an LE rendition.