Thread: Licensed Freezing the anime
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-18, 01:28   Link #1076
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
God, I've tried to like this anime, I really have. I think the manhwa is decent, but so far I've found the anime version to be HORRIBLE. I don't want to sound like a manga snob, but I just don't see any real point behind this particular anime aside from fanservice. It barely follows the storyline of the manhwa, as I'm finding the character development to be pointedly lacking. It could be because the manhwa doesn't have enough chapters, it could be because the anime's plot wasn't fully fleshed out, but something about this anime just rubs me the wrong way.

I personally would have preferred an Id, Legend of Maian or Immortal Regis/Cavalier of the Abyss anime, of the manhwa that I read. One of those three... they probably would have been a lot better. Hell, even Shade would have been better, and that's saying something.
I think it depends on how much the producers, anime staff, and audience care about the adaptation.

If the source is a Korean work that few people read (Freezing has never charted in the Top 30, which means that each volume sells fewer than 20,000 copies), I wouldn't expect anyone to give a damn. They're just pushing out a cheap service show on the chance that the publisher might sell a few extra copies of manga.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote