View Single Post
Old 2008-04-27, 12:41   Link #27
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
probably because the zentradi/meltradi themselves do not really understand the equipments they have used for thousands of years.

they only know how to repair and maintain them, at the time before zentradi/human integration zentradi's were battle harden, efficient fighting race, but had an average IQ of a 5yr old in all other aspects.
While the Zentradi don't have as much understanding of their technologies as they may like, they seem capable of designing new equipment from their factory ships. They may be naive in a lot of ways, but stupid or unintelligent they certainly are not - what they mostly lacked was a proper frame of reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
also i reckon they aren't in a rush to push out an insane amount of details to leave room for growth, after all macross has survived until know and i won't be surprised if it'll live until we are all grey or dead.
I think that it's more a case of not giving out details until they become necessary. It's a good way to approach things as it still allows for a sense of mystery, and it avoids the kind of ugly flubs that other franchises make. A lot of this stems from Kawamori, since he's a big time military otaku, and I think that he's quite concerned about getting the numbers wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakCWAL View Post
That depends. The Zents on top of the hierarchy are very intelligent beings. Exedore, for example, is basically a mobile computer and a walking encyclopedia.
And there's other leaders like Britai and Kamjin who were every bit as good as their human counterparts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepiraph View Post
Not sure if this is spoiler since it IS in the opening, but can someone identify this mecha? I actually didn't even notice it until I pause for a screenshot.
Anything that shows up in the OP is fair game - it'd only be considered a spoiler if any discussion of the OP is based on things that haven't aired yet (either from a manga, or game, or what have you). As ReddyRedWolf and Tak pointed out, it's the Monster, and it's an iconic Macross mecha. Moreover, I believe that it's the only mecha to have appeared in both Macross Zero and the other animated works (which means that the basic design has lasted from 2008-2059!).