Thread: Avatar
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-24, 08:18   Link #286
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
"Mighty Whitey saves the day" is supposed to be the story behind this flick, but according to my friends who watched this, first off
Spoiler for ending?:
In other words, Mighty Whitey is a failure. Is that really how the movie played out?
Nope.....

That is just a miss applied and cliched idea used by some people that really does not fit well with the film.

I asked one friend would he spout the same nonsense if the main actor was black ?

He then says : "Well we would just say that the film plot was simply bad. People would alsp be more sympathetic to the actor too if he wasn't white."

In other words, the negative mass would never dare comment on the race of the human in the film, if that human was not a caucasian.

I asked him "If the main military villan was black man what would happen"

My friend says "Jesse Jackson would call for a boycott?"

My conclusion is... Humans are hypocrits who have a serious level of self hate"

Perhaps if the main villanious horde of humans were replaced by another species the film wouldn't be so controversial?

However controversy sells so... its Billions of dollars in the bank for a film that is supposed to be "bad"

In the end...

"Mighty Whitey" has nothing to do with it.

Tree hugging has nothing to do with it.

America bashing has nothing to do with it.

Human bashing has nothing to with do it.

Preachy story line has nothing to do with it.

The film can be seen as asking the question: What would you do if you found a new life in another country or a whole other world and it is much better than the one you had before ?
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote