View Single Post
Old 2010-09-24, 12:45   Link #16
TakuanInc.
loves Marisa Kirisame.

Send a message via MSN to TakuanInc. Send a message via Yahoo to TakuanInc.
I watched it for the wrong reasons...at first. I expected music, awesome instrument animation (since it is the same KyoAni who awed me with Haruhi), Beck-like approach, and...a slight bit of yuri (damn Lucky Star and their KonataxKagami shiptease).

Haha.

After they mentioned Budokan, I was psyched, I was already imagining some awesome concert episode where they rock out and all that jazz, but I saw them drinking tea, lazing around, working part-time and cosplaying. Then I learned that it was adapted from a yonkoma and stopped expecting from there. I followed the manga, all the while thinking to myself; "Hey, this is fun! And KyoAni's doing a good job in being faithful to the source...their twist in things actually makes the show a lot more fun!". I spoiled myself rotten until I ran out of chapters to read (which only took half a day with a few intervals) and went on waiting for K-On! episodes every week, imagining and predicting how this and that will go for each episode. I found myself fascinated with how the girls managed to keep me tuned even in the most repetitive episodes--and that's when I realized that they grew on me to a point that I got used to expecting them weekly. At that point in time, I thought that maybe this show didn't really aim for great feats like the studio's previews works, but emphasized a very simple yet meaningful message to their viewers. I watched a girl grow up from being a directionless freshman to an aspiring musician and upperclassman who found something she loved--all thanks to music. I ended up staying for the lighthearted ride.

When season 2 was announced, I could only jump in joy and fist pump at the sky.

I was impressed through and through with how it went from then on. It also helped that I really liked Azusa (the Mugi focus, I also cherished). The show's characters had me really attached to them that I cried with them in their times of grief, I laughed with them when they were all having fun, I even ate cake and drank tea with them in their procrastinating periods. Watching them relaxed me greatly.

To put it simply, K-On gave me a nice experience, one that I know I will remember for a very long time.

I'm a 19 year old female majoring in Engineering, a native of the Philippines, and a long time anime/manga...errr, "otaku".

Last edited by TakuanInc.; 2010-11-19 at 17:36.