View Single Post
Old 2012-07-08, 09:56   Link #90
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

There's good & bad in terms of adapting the story the way-it-is or chronologically. It also highly depends on the way that the anime team wants to present the stories contained within the SAO side-stories.

Eg. I personally feel that Aria in the Starless Night is a story that works better in terms of a chronological story factor. My opinion, mind you, but I felt that it sets up the elements of the starting point for the story way better, showcasing the first true victory for the SAO, before jumping into the time-skip. Also, it sets up the whole Beater-hate thing that lingered throughout Vol.1.

However, based on the way the story played out in my head, I would want the story to them have its time-skip over to 2-years-later proper after Aria, showcasing the matured Kirito/Asuna, only to explore the pains and other mini-adventures that they had went through over the 2 years. (via flashback, or what not)

I stand to be proven wrong though, assuming the anime team decides to go full-chronological order.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote