View Single Post
Old 2009-09-28, 10:54   Link #5646
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
its explicitly stated that he did zero requiem because he wanted to atone, rather then to be willing to choose other options to stop shnizel
that he did NOT consider any other ways that would lessen the sacrifices, because he was unwilling to consider any other path
its the way he WANTS to do it, not the only way that it can be done in
there were other ways
ones that wont require the sacrifice of so many lives for no reason other then to satisfy his own ego and desire to die

the ends justify the means, only if the ends actually REQUIRE the means, and if no other, better, means and options are available for achieving those ends
you can keep your dog from crapping on the carpet by rubbing his nose in it till it learns
or you can keep your dog from crapping on the carpet by shooting it
both would achieve the ends of not having the dog crap on the carpet
but when the first option is available, you cant justify the second one
and its the same for lelouch
you cant claim it as necessary evil, unless its actually necessary
if its NOT necessary, then its just being un-necessarily evil
which means that the end result does NOT justify his actions, because he took said actions by choice, rather then of necessity
I still believe that *that* was the only most successful way---considering its speed and effectiveness. Long-term "less-sacrificial" ways would , in truth, prolong the wars and thus, create that ironical result of having more sacrifice than not.

If I, a normal person, think about that choice-of-actions' logic. I'd end up acknowledging it being best way. And I really don't feel like questioning a "genius'" plans---not that I know if he was or not.

Quote:
needless to say, i'm talking specificlly about the last arc lelouch
before that, he was more or less a anti-hero who does necessarily evil things, because he faces an empire that makes nazi germany look like a a nice place
which DOES serve as an excuse
but during the last arc, there is no excuse for his actions
he is emperor of one half of the world, and the other half is led by people he put in power
he could have created peace rather easily without needing to spill so much blood
I believe you need to think more "long-term".
Quote:
his status as a "badass" is also questionable during the last arc
before lelouch was on the front line with his men
during that last battle, he spends almost the entire battle sitting in his ship, and sending his men to be slaughtered on mass
he only leaves the avalon after being forced to.
That was pretty "Bad" and "ass" to me.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote