View Single Post
Old 2009-10-10, 12:50   Link #433
MadModBassist
That funky dude himself

Location: Where it's circular on the outside and high in the middle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Eh well....

It is F-Ab-B. 1-5-7 or 1-6-7 according to chords. But I think it is pretty normal to because they add stuff to give it a "cool rock" feel to the piece.
Welp, those chords are wrong, my friend. A 6th fret on the E string would be a Bb (standard tuning of course). Ab is G#, and not in that little run. I guarantee you the run is F#-Bb-B, as I've covered the song on bass and know my notes very well

Regarding "cool rock" thing, I guess I'm not familiar with cool rock XD. Everything I ever hear is the same 4 chords over and over, so to hear something so interesting as this coming from a fictitious band is worthy of merit.

Lastly, regarding individual skills (and referring to the characters because I don't know all of their real personas and musicians XD): Yui is a rather average guitarist, but she knows some good chords and adds to the music. Mio really carries the songs with driving bass and is hands-down the most talented of the members. Mugi I can never really hear well, but I know she brings an unnoticed presence that wouldn't make the songs the same without her (she does have some "lead" parts in Don't Say Lazy and, well, in most songs, but usually just for short periods). And Ritsu is a fairly good drummer! Azusa I can't really mention because I can practically never hear her. But she knows theory, at least in the anime! XD

Well, that's about all I can comment on. Thanks for noticing what I noticed though
MadModBassist is offline   Reply With Quote