View Single Post
Old 2013-08-03, 17:22   Link #4591
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauzer View Post
Better than small bombs?
I think you're doing an awesome work.
I wish I had the chance to search for the solution episode by episode but when I started Umineko I had no idea it was solvable and I feared we would get a 'Rokkenjima syndrome' solution or worse that the whole point of the series was to prove the witch existed.

It didn't help that I began with the anime which cuts lot of stuffs... -_-

So my detective game with Umineko began with EP 5, when a friend persuaded me to read the VN and assured me Umineko was solvable... *sighs* it would have been much funnier if I had known from the beginning...

Quote:
Battler's talk with Beatrice
On the phone Battler is talking to Shannon. Shannon mocks his "english" which she remembers quite well from 6 years ago.

Shannon is also the one on the balcony during Battler's test. Due to very bad lighting, nighttime, the storm and Shannon talking very differently Battler can't tell who it is.
Also keep in mind whoever is acting the role of Betrice is likely doing just this, acting or better behaving differently from usual so Battler can't recognize that person from his/her behaviour.

Quote:
While searching for clues Battler is once again drunk and did not notice the gun.
Is there any hint he was drunk? Or did he drak afterward? Because if he's drunk all his investigation is questionable.

Quote:
Jessica's talk with Battler
Jessica is threatened and said whatever the culprit wanted her to say.
Something along the lines of: "If you say what I want, I will only kill you. If you don't, I'll torture everyone to death right in front of your eyes starting with Kanon".

Kyrie's talk with Battler
Kyrie is threatened and said whatever the culprit wanted her to say.
Something along the lines of: "If you say what I want, I will only kill you. If you don't, I'll torture Battler to death right in front of your eyes and feed you his guts".
Is there any sign they're threatened? (this applies to everyone)
If there's not could they have lied for a different reason?

Quote:
Beatrice is the island.
Kinzo riddled the the ground under the mansion with tunnels weakening the ground. After many years the tunnels finally collapse along with most of the mansion, killing Battler.
[/SPOILER]
I also love this solution though this solution also implies no premeditation but just an incident (or accident, I can never remember which of the two I should use... :P )
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote