View Single Post
Old 2011-12-29, 22:25   Link #188
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I can't believe the pacing of KnK was compared favourable to Fate Zero. The pacing of KnK is freaking atrocious! Well each film had decent pacing (except for the first film) but as an entire series...
Movie vs TV... I also hated it, but nonetheless given the medium it bound to happen. Anyway, I was judging the pacing of each movie, and the way the main plot was presented through flashbacks and subplots, not the space between the movies.

Quote:
It's not the pacing that makes the dialogue the problem. It's simply a matter of perspective. Some guys simply want a little less conversation and a little more action. Imo I think they wouldn't have a problem with the dialogue if they were as invested in the characters as we are to begin with. I can't be entirely sure but it wouldn't surprise me if all those that consider the dialogue excessive haven't played the game or aren't type moon fans. So it's only natural really.
I agree, but that's why shows like Horizon, Naruto, and so on are popular, despite the quality of the dialogue and independent of pacing.

Quote:
When i first read Uryuu, I found him pretty generic too but deRais being obsessed with Saber kinda put a good spin on it and I actually found their psychobabble this episode kind of interesting (in a messed up kind a way). Plus there was a certain "musical instrument" scene in the LN that I'm actually glad got censored...
Uryuu is a train-wreck in the character presentation and development departments. For deRais, when he enters philosophy mode is very interesting, but his obsession with Saber/d'Arc does not work for me, reminds me of cheap H-VNs

Quote:
I'm going to officially consider it the "KnK Fairytale moment" of Fate/Zero.
In Rakkyou the fairytale was essential for the protagonist's development as well as gave a tone of information about the setting (only surpassed by the Soren chapter/movie). Of course both were not in the spotlight of the movie, yet when considering the work as a whole... necessary.

On the other hand, Rin's little adventure, did not offer anything to the grail war, which is the main storyline of F/Z
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote