View Single Post
Old 2009-03-03, 00:52   Link #12
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*shrugs shoulders*
Wonder why it has little posts... Well, it seems to be a mistake to create a whole sub-forum, I feel.
Well, at the beginning (when sub-forum decisions are made), the anime seemed to be getting a lot of attention and seemed to be picking up, so the assumption was that it would continue to grow. But it's always a bit of a gamble. The sub-forum entered a death spiral -- unless you have a core group of posters who keep the discussion threads lively, other people won't feel like jumping in and joining the conversation, which motivates the core group less, and so on. This isn't the first time that this has happened, but it's a bit hard to predict (especially early on in a series when sub-forum decisions are made).

It was also a bit of an experiment to see whether there are any benefits to gathering all of the threads on one given franchise into one area (in this case, all the Tales anime, games, etc.) Doesn't really seem to work, though -- people still post in the individual forums, but they don't really seem to branch out into other related threads. It also doesn't help that none of the other staff or admins seem to be following the anime either -- I'm basically the only one left watching it, and I've fallen behind (on all shows).

So, all in all... you win some, you lose some, I guess. I don't think it was necessarily a mistake in the sense that we learned some things that don't work for the future. I still think the show, for what it's worth, is fine and even pretty decent for an RPG-based anime. But, for whatever reason, I guess people just don't like talking about it.