View Single Post
Old 2007-09-12, 05:46   Link #19
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I'm going to echo what Darknemo2000 and JagdPanther have said: too much of that felt forced and out of place. The whole thing surrounding the characters different justifications for fighting should make for some interesting drama and character analysis, but it's just handled so clumsily by this show. And, every little bit of potential for relationship development between Saito and Louise just continues to be hit on the head before anything can come of it: Saito conveniently forgetting that Louise got naked for him to keep him warm (and then her wanting him to forget as well), for example. The worst example of that in this ep was that bit where Henry asked about Saito's motivations to fight, and consequently who he was in love with and protecting, and rather than just flat out saying "Louise", Saito felt he needed to cover it up. That made no sense to me... they should be well past that. Is this relationship going backwards, because that's what it seems like at times.

We can complain about the botched drama all we want (as we are ... although, I wouldn't say all of it is bad, just most of it), but I think ultimately, the worst thing about this season is that there's been far too little relationship development between Louise and Saito. That was among the big highlights of the first series, and it's just been disappointing in this series. Hopefully the next ep will start turning things around on that front