View Single Post
Old 2004-04-19, 10:04   Link #13
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myme
Well if you're going to be like that, you could say the same about unlicensed anime (or should I say, anime that has never been licensed).

It's just as illegal to download fansubs of unlicensed anime as it is of licensed anime. It's also possible to obtain japanese versions of unlicensed anime that you can apply your own subtitles to, so using your logic, you have to do that.

There is an international copyright law.

You contradict yourself.

First you say, you can download fansubs of unlicensed anime. Well SailorMoon (the first two seasons) has become unlicensed.

Then you say you can't download anime that is obtainable. Well you can obtain any anime and get some subtitles and apply them.

So which is it?

Oh I get it! It's okay to hurt Japanese stores by not buying the product, but it's not okay to hurt the American stores by not buying the product.

That's how it is?

Give me a good reply to this, I'm looking forward to seeing what you say.
Not once in any of my posts here in this thread did I say "I can dload fansubs of unlicensed anime". Don't put words in my mouth. Ideally what should be done is that people get R2 releases from Japan and put their own subs on it and watch it that way. But to expect everyone to do that is a pipe dream.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote