View Single Post
Old 2008-08-05, 20:30   Link #1258
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post
Yes, it really depends on how strongly they respect and belive their religion. I know of a Christian that refuses to watch things such as Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist...etc and silimar things to them just because they have witchcraft in them, which is 'apparently' offensive to God and the way in which he created us. (Don't ask).
There are really people like that??

Don't worry, I won't ask. Would like to comment further but what I would say would almost surely get me into another debate with the catholics here. Would rather watch Shugo Chara than debate. ^^

Quote:
I'm an athiest, but it is not as though I would go out with a butchers knife when I'm bored and go around mass murdering and decapitating people, just because I know I will not be punished by Gods hand for it. Regardless, I still do sometimes have beliefs about God, I'm not sure if that is because I have grown up around Christians and Catholics on my fathers side of the family, but still..they are there. I have my own beliefs and do not feel the need to follow others.
Seriuosly now though, that's almost the same path I've taken.
Grown up in a catholic family (father and mother's side), and enrolled in catholic schools. The catholic teachings just didn't get into my being, just saw it as some sort of fandom (I generally view Catholics as admirers of God and Jesus).
I will only feel the need to follow others if it will be a benefit, I see no benefits in following a religion.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote