View Single Post
Old 2010-02-22, 18:23   Link #7082
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Since when was Cornelia carrying out genocide?

She NEVER went around murdering Elevens for just being elevens. She was specifically targeting terrorist strongholds.

Some of the logic being used here is confusing. Britannia pushed the terrorists to start murdering their own people? How is that going to change anything when all these bombings and shit are killing tons of Elevens? "Sorry, we're doing this for Japan so we're gonna have to blow you up =/" What kind of bullshit reasoning is that? That's one of the first thing Lelouch tells Ougi and his lackeys, "Britannia will not fall to terrorism. It is merely a childish nuisance."

Japan had its chance to fight for its freedom and it lost. The people needed to get over it and work within the system like Suzaku, either that or engage Britannia in the open field, instead of using their fellow countrymen as shields and sacrificial lambs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Even though they completely surrendered, which they did? The Blood of the Samurai fired back at her at first in defense before they found they were had, after which they surrendered. And regarding Saitama, the civilians were completely helpless and possibly didn't even know where the terrorists, or perhaps resistance fighters, as Britannia was at fault here, were, and that Cornelia had no problems massacring them regardless. Not to mention that she would have let the JLF terrorists in Lake Kawaguchi have their way with the Britannian hostages if Euphie wasn't among them.

I daresay she has as much on her hands if not more than Lelouch did. The difference being that it was all senseless.
Seriously bro, watch episode 6 again. The Blood of the Samurai NEVER surrendered, they opened fire on Cornelia after she asked them to surrender (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmzBuZObtaM 5:14 I ) As for the civilians in Saitama Dalton clearly states that their intel indicated over half the people in the ghetto were actively aiding the terrorists.
Also, Cornelia would not have let the JLF in Lake Kawaguchi have their way. EVEN with Euphie inside she refused to give in to their demands because like most governments, Britannia does not negotiate with terrorists. Lelouch notes that the only thing stopping Cornelia from storming in and wiping out all the terrorists was the fact that Euphie was inside. So, had she not been there Cornelia would've solved the situation a lot faster, but with some civilian casualties (i.e student council and such)

Last edited by Revolutionist; 2010-02-22 at 18:35.
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote