View Single Post
Old 2010-02-22, 22:44   Link #7095
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
They had more than one option besides rolling over and dieing. They could do what they did and fire their guns at a Gloucester which they had to know would be pointless, or they could have SURRENDERED.

We can speculate whether or not Cornelia would've spared them, which is kind of pointless but for argument's sake I think that she would. Since she offered it then she had no reason to turn back and kill the guys if they laid down their weapons. 1) It would be extremely dishonorable and low of her, and she wouldn't be able to justify it.
2) She would lose the opportunity to interrogate them and hopefully find info about Zero and other terrorist cells.

Now, Japan wasn't an Utopia, in fact they were portrayed almost if not more xenophobic as Britannians. In the picture drams or w/e Lelouch gets beaten up by kids just for being Britannian. Japan also took over countries with economic power. At most it caused the war, and at the very least they gave Britannia reason to invade by being overly proud ethnocentric bastards.
There's no question Japan wasn't innocent, but that doesn't excuse Britannia coming in and occupying them, stripping their culture, and treating them as second-class citizens. Not in the least. The minute they did that, they lost any hope at moral equivalency. They became the oppressors, and Japan became the oppressed in a stupidly one-sided fashion.

Quote:
Do holocaust movies try to present Hitler as the hero who's doing evil for good reason? And btw, in his mind and some people's minds he was doing it for the greater good...

That is basically what they did with Lelouch, except instead of losing like Hitler, Lelouch actually wins and takes over the world...
Which, at the very least is revealed to be part of a Thanatos Gambit for world peace. (Not that I agree with it, but given how he resorted to it after what had just happened, I understand.)
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote